Bates

Comments

6 Responses to “Bates”
  1. tina rowan says:

What a marvelous face etched by an interesting and hard life I suspect. Who is this John? An amazing pictorial caught by your camera. You’re good!!

2. RuthAnn Baker says:

This picture tells a million stories, all written on his face but only he understands. This is amazing!

3. BILL says:

Wonderful shot. “The Face” produces a very Harsh effect. It is a hard and sad face. The eyes are the very sad and the fingers covering the mouth add even more sadness and produce a mysterious effect. This face will linger in my mind for a long while. Great job.

4. John says:

Thanks so much, Tina! As you know, I always appreciate your interest and support. Bates is a very good friend, supporter, and mentor! He does indeed, have a marvelous face that sports a very intense look in this photo. There are 2 other photos of him on the site that I think/hope reveal other aspects of his personality. He is a wonderful and amazingly accomplished professional photographer, and I consider myself most fortunate that our paths have crossed!

5. John says:

Thank you so much for your kind words, RuthAnn. Your comments and interest are very much appreciated! You are quite correct, there are, at least, a million stories written there. I have already been fascinated by quite a few, and I truly look forward to hearing many more. I am most pleased, however, that I was able to capture their existence in this photo.

6. John says:

Bill, thanks for your, as usual, very thoughtful feedback. Your take on sadness is most interesting and not one I saw or intended. I wanted to reveal Bates’ intensity and pensiveness that I saw in a mood-tinged shot. Ironically, the shot turned out to be quite serendipitous and most fortuitous. We had been discussing a technical aspect in photography called parallax, and if it affected Bates’ camera, so I used his camera and him to test for it in this portrait. When he saw the result (incidentally, it showed no parallax), he mentioned that he liked the portrait, so I went from there. One simple shot, that’s all that was done!! Funny how things happen in photography — and between friends. 🙂

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!

Bates

Posted: April 5, 2016
Filed under: People & Portraits
Tagged: , , , ,
Comments: Leave a comment

Description

Accomac County, VA — 2016

Recent Photos

Happiness! Jaws!! Devils at the Gates Fallen Leaves #1 Fallen Leaves #2 Fallen Leaves #3 Fallen Leaves #4 Fallen Leaves #5 Sea Point Beach “The Eve of Destruction” “Gray’s Anatomy” “Let Sleeping Dogs…” Totally! Subway Ennui Bossface Straphanger Subway Rock’n Roll Subterranean “Point” MoMA 1 MoMA 2 MoMA 3 MoMA 4 MoMA 5 Cod Grass and Pines #1
Family Gallery • Site by Oasis Creative
Images Digitally Watermarked by Digimarc | Get More Information on How to Digitally Watermark ImagesImages on the website have been digitally watermarked with ownership and usage information. Digimarc and the Digimarc logo are registered trademarks of Digimarc Corporation. The "Digimarc-Enabled" Web Button is a trademark of Digimarc Corporation, used with permission.